- Provide state-of-the-art science and clinical information to increase the uses ’ knowledge about exercise, fitness, health, aging, nutrition and physical performance.
- Promote interaction among nutrition and exercise specialists to provide new approaches to and perspectives on nutrition, exercise and aging
Exercise and Aging
- List at least three benefits of exercise on maintaining health and reducing the risk of diseases (heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, osteoporosis).
- List three nutritional needs that change with aging
Protein Metabolism and Exercise
- Describe the components of an effective strength training program
- Cite the protein needs of active and sedentary people, both younger and older
- List two benefits of strength training for elderly people
Sports Nutrition Counseling Skills
- List at least five nutrition concerns common to active people.
- Cite three ways active people can optimize their energy to enjoy exercise and enhance their sports performance.
- Effectively teach athletes how to select a sports diet with the right balance of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and fluids.
- Distinguish between effective and fad ergogenic aids.
- Counsel athletes regarding the use of creatine and other popular ergogenic aids.
Exercise, Diet and Weight Control
- Explain the role of carbohydrates and dietary fats in weight management.
- Describe the latest research regarding exercise and weight management.
- Develop an healthful weight management program for individuals (or know how to refer a client to a registered dietitian who is better trained to design food programs).
- Describe three problems associated with body fat measurement.
- Dispel three current myths about fad diets.
Eating Disorders in Athletes
- List three ways to help resolve the food issues of active people who struggle with balancing food and exercise.
- Cite three ways to help active people overcome body image issues.
- Appropriately and lovingly confront someone with an eating disorder.
- Develop a healthful eating plan for people with anorexia or bulimia.
Bonus Material with the purchase of full workshop
Developing Your Own Business
- List three factors to consider when deciding whether or not to try to develop a viable business in the areas of nutrition and fitness.
- Cite six ways to market a nutrition and/ or fitness business.
» Back to Top
» Back to Nutrition & Exercise Intensive Workshop
Sports Nutrition Workshop Information
» Back to Top